The day of love is here! Everyone is undoubtedly planning to surprise their spouse with a token of love and admiration. Hope you enjoyed my Valentine’s day ideas for food. My Aunt Poly recently had an awesome trip to Japan. She had to attend her relative’s wedding. The couple planned to go for a week to utilize their visit to the fullest. I think it's a great idea. Yesterday, they came in for tea and were talking about the yummy Japanese food other than anything else. She loved sushi. It suddenly struck my mind to prepare the same for my loved one, this Valentine's Day. Sushi stands among the most popular Japanese food. Sushi is basically a cold roll of fish and rice. The ingredients and preparation methods varies from place to place.
Day by day, the popularity of this Japanese food is increasing. This results using the recipe in numerous delectable. Some unique Japanese ingredients have been used in the recipe which are readily available in the stores nearby. Nori seaweed sheet is an edible red seaweed that is popular in East Asia. I have used wasabi paste here. Mix equal amounts of wasabi powder and water to make wasabi paste. Wasabi is a Japanese plant with thick green root tasting like horseradish. Wasabi powder is easily available in the market. I have also used sushi ginger AKA gari. This is nothing but thinly sliced young ginger marinated in a solution of sugar and vinegar. So surprise your love with something unique!
200 grams cooked Rice,
4 Nori Seaweed Sheets,
4 tablespoons Sushi Rice Vinegar,
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce,
1 teaspoon Wasabi Paste,
20 grams Sushi Ginger (Optional).
2 thinly sliced Avocados,
200 grams Fish Roe Egg,
200 grams Raw Tuna or Salmon,
50 grams Sesame Seeds (optional).
- Before you make sushi, prepare the sushi rice that will be used. Just mix cooked rice with 4 tablespoons of sushi rice vinegar.
- Slice avocado and fish into long, thin strips. Try keeping the thickness of both ingredients upto 2 cm.
- Take a sheet of nori seaweed and cut it in half before spreading cooked rice on it. Flip it over, such that rice is facing down. Place avocado slices and fish on the nori seaweed such that it’s covered.
- Take a sushi rolling mat. Compress rolls, so that they are tight and solid. Now push the side of the sushi roll furthest away from you down with the mat so that it starts spreading out.
- Our goal is to create a teardrop shape with the sushi roll. This will form one half of the heart piece.
- Then carefully peel away the plastic. Press two teardrop pieces together to create one whole heart piece. Serve the finished sushi to your love.