It is often said, 'You are blessed doublee if you are in love'. So how many thumbs up for this? Valentine's day is here, express your feeling of love, affection and friendship. No matter how you dice and slice it, food and love are always inextricably tied. What are you planning for the love struck holiday? If your girl is hot, I've got something to really heat up your romantic date. Appetizers is a must from small to large scale gathering and even for a date.
Hope you enjoyed my last year’s Valentine’s day special recipe, Cheesy hearts. A winning dip or spread can score big at any special occasion. This is a classic hot vegan dip that can be served with almost anything your soul mate likes whether it is crackers, chips or roasted vegetables. Do you really want the good times to roll? Serve her with something sizzling, tangy and spicy apart from your love.
Vegan Walnut and Red Pepper Dip
1 cup Water,
3/4 teaspoon Salt,
3 red bell Peppers,
1 small Garlic Clove,
1 1/2 teaspoons Paprika,
1 tablespoon Lemon juice,
2 slices Toast Pita Bread,
Black Pepper as required,
3/4 teaspoon ground Cumin,
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar,
4 ounces toasted Walnut pieces,
2 teaspoons Extra-virgin Olive Oil.
- Roast peppers over gas burner till they are black. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool for 15 minutes. Peel and discard skin, stem and seeds. Keep aside.
- Toast pita bread until crisp. Break into 2 inch pieces and place in a bowl. Cover with water. Soak until soft for 10 minutes. Transfer to a sieve and drain well. Press out excess of water. Keep aside.
- Blend garlic and walnut pieces in a food processor. Now add paprika, cumin and reserved peppers and pita bread. Process for another 10 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, oil, vinegar and salt. Season with black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate it overnight.
- Before serving, bring the dip to room temperature. Drizzle with oil. Garnish with walnuts. Enjoy with any snacks.