A delectable Malaysian fish curry is cooked with goodness of your fav veggies, infused with lemony fragrance. This curry makes a perfect dinner for the chilly weather. It is spiced enough to prompt a dizzy drowsy appetite and keep you warm. The best part is that the curry not only works with all kinda fish such as snapper, warehou, ling but also with seafood, from crabs to prawns, lobsters etc. For now, I have tried the fish recipe using my fav tuna fish.
Fish sauce provides the essential savory flavor that is typically found in traditional Thai cuisine. I just love the aromatic amber-coloured liquid. I have also used homemade orange sauce. Believe it or not, it can be made in a jiffy using few ingredients. I’m sharing my homemade sauce recipe too. Coconut cream is similar to coconut milk. It contains less water. It has a thicker and paste-like consistency. This is a lite recipe with very low calories. I have therefore chosen it to get rid of heavy meals, that we had in abundant on Christmas and New Year holidays.
3/4 cup Water,
1/2 teaspoon Salt,
Handful Curry Leaves,
1 teaspoon Fish Sauce,
3/4 cup Coconut Cream,
3 chopped Garlic Cloves,
500 grams firm Fish Fillets,
1 teaspoon Orange Sauce
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste,
2 tablespoon Grated Ginger,
3 tablespoon Extra-virgin Olive Oil.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add onion, garlic and cook over a high heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to brown. Stir in grated ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and orange sauce. Cook, stirring for another minute. Add tomato paste, 1/2 cup of water, the coconut cream and salt to taste. Mix well. Allow the sauce to come to the boil.
- Stir in the fish cubes into the sauce. Then cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through, adding the extra 1/4 cup of water. Remove from heat.
- Take another pan and add oil. Add curry leaves. Sprinkle them over the curry just before serving. Enjoy with steamed rice.
Ingredients for Orange Sauce:-
3/4 cup orange juice,
2 tablespoons sugar,
1 teaspoons olive oil,
1 teaspoons cornflour,
1/4 teaspoons lemon juice,
2 teaspoons orange squash.
- Take a pan. Add oil. Add orange juice, squash, sugar and cornflour. Cook until thick, by stirring continuously. Allow it to cool.
- Add the lemon juice. Now mix gently.
- Taste the sauce before you use. Enjoy!