Monday 5 January 2015

Homemade Gluten-free Vegan Carrot Cake

Holidays are over but the spirit of the festive season is still on. Though I am not a gluten-free or vegan by nature, I wanted to try a recipe for my friends. So I tried Gluten-free Vegan Carrot Cake. I chose a beautiful cake tin to flaunt my recipe to the fullest, though the cake making procedure is extremely simple. Any celebration is incomplete without dessert, especially cake. 
Hope you liked the dessert that I had recently prepared, Low Calorie Lattice Christmas Cherry Coffee cake recipe. Yesterday, I invited my newly married neighbors for evening tea. I prepared very lite snacks coz everyone was tired of fritters and other heavy snacks that we had during the Christmas and New Year holidays. This carrot cake is very lite. I never allow desserts to finish at my home, as I’m very fond of them, my blog trail must have told you by now. So let’s go ahead with the recipe.
For the Cake:-
2 cups Sugar,
4 grated Carrots,
1/2 cup Cashews,
14 oz. Coconut milk,
1/4 teaspoon Ginger,
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg,
1 teaspoon Cinnamon,
1/2 cup White Rice Flour,
1 tablespoon Molasses,
1/3 cup ground Flax seed,
1 teaspoon Baking soda,
1/2 cup Buckwheat flour,
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract,
2 teaspoons Baking powder,
3/4 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour,
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar,
1/2 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes.
For the Frosting:-
60 grams Honey,
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice,
1 tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste,
200 grams Thick Coconut Cream.
Preparation Method:-
1. Preheat oven to 350 D.F. In a bowl sift flours, baking soda and baking powder. Now take a large measuring cup and combine coconut milk, vinegar, molasses and vanilla. Pour this liquid into the dry mixture. Add sugar and flax seed. Blend until smooth.
2. Now add grated carrots, chopped cashews and shredded coconut. Mix well. Pour into greased cake pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
3. Cool for 15 minutes. While cake is cooling, make the frosting. Blend the ingredients under frosting.
4. Add frosting on the cake when cool. Sprinkle with additional shredded coconut or nuts of your choice.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment