Have a look at an interesting vegan recipe. Since the Barbeque CookingCompetition is approaching in Panama, I wanted to share this vegan recipe of mine with my folks. Though non vegetarian skewers are heart of any party, vegan delights will equally add to the mood and that is for sure. This is a healthy treat as I have used Organic Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce and the best of oil, olive oil.
Organic Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce is made up of whole soybeans and no wheat at all. It has richer and milder taste compared to the ordinary soya sauce. King oyster mushrooms are really yummy and have proved to be great antioxidants. They are rich in vitamin C, B1 and B2. They have good amount of zinc, iron, potassium, calcium and phosphorus. Olive oil prevents deadly diseases like cancer and cardiac arrest. It is helpful if one is suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes or stress. Have a look at this vegan delight!!
For Eggplant Marinade:-
1 sliced eggplant,
1/4 cups olive oil,
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar,
2 tablespoons brown sugar,
2 teaspoons smoked paprika,
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin,
2 cloves garlic minced.
2 tablespoons organic tamari gluten free soy sauce,
For the King Oyster Mushroom:-
3 King Oyster Mushrooms sliced,
2 tablespoons olive oil,
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce,
1 teaspoon agave or brown sugar,
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder,
1/4 teaspoon onion powder.
1. Mix all the ingredients (under eggplant marinade) except the eggplant until well blended in a flat baking dish.
2. Lay the eggplant slices in the marinade for about 10 minutes. Turning to coat both sides. Grill the eggplant either on the grill or a grill pan.
3. Mix all the ingredients (under King Oyster Mushroom) except the mushrooms in a large bowl. Toss in the mushrooms and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Turn them to coat, especially the top flat ends. Add just a hint of oil to a skillet and heat to medium high.
5. Place the mushrooms in the skillet flat sides down. Sear about a minute and a half on each side. Keep a watch on them so that they don’t burn.
6. Wrap a slice of grilled eggplant around each seared mushroom and place a toothpick in the side center to hold the eggplant in place.Best of Luck for the competition!!