Here are some unique food which you never thought could be grilled.
1. Potatoes - Potatoes are everyone’s favorite. We love potato fries, stir-fry, potato hash etc. Potato grill? It might sound strange but it’s true. There are 3 methods to do this.
a. Parboil the potatoes. Add coating of mustard plus mayonnaise of your choice to keep the potatoes moist. Grill and serve.
b. Take raw potatoes. Prepare the grill in such a manner, that it serves as heating agent from medium to high heat. Arrange the charcoals within the griller in such a manner. Cut slices of potatoes, neither too thin, nor too thick and grill. Enjoy the unique grilling experience.
c. One of best ways to cook potato on the grill is wrap them tightly in foil. Cover the grill. Your dish is ready within 40 minutes. Enjoy with lemon and pepper!
2. Eggs - We boil eggs, fry them, bake them but grilling eggs? Yes, we can certainly grill eggs. There are two methods to do this:-
a. If you are grilling eggs in the shell, place them over a hot grill. Cook until the shell is browned, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes and there you are.
b. Another method is to grill the eggs inside something else that will go on the grill. Crack the eggs into a halved bell pepper, portobello mushroom or a small muffin aluminium cup, then place it on a hot grill. Cook.
3. Octopus - You love grilled fish isn’t it? Have you thought of grilled octopus? The smoky flavor of a charcoal is what gives grilled octopus the real flavor. The time to grill depends on the thickness of octopus meat, you can check with knife.
Grilling creates crispy exterior bits while the inner portion of the amazing seafood remains tender. Cut tentacles when ready. Serve with with extra virgin olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper.
4. Watermelon - You may be a bit leery about grilling a watermelon, but trust me it is a must try for summer. Make a mixture of lime juice, honey, cayenne pepper and salt. Remove the seeds from watermelon. Cut into triangular pieces. Baste the mixture on the melons and grill 3 minutes per side. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Similarly you can grill peaches and strawberries.
5. Cake - This even surprised me when i first heard of it from a friend of mine. Grilling cake may sound odd but it gives a toasty texture. Pound cake or polenta cake are the best options. Enjoy the warm cake with your favorite ice-cream or maple syrup.
6. Cocktails - It is very common to add herbs like mint, citrusy bergamot or lavender. Grilling the herbs for a few seconds will bring out the herb's floral quality. Wow, aromatherapy in a glass.
Enjoy the summer with grilled food!