Appetizers always remind us of deep fried snacks. Can’t we have delicious as well as healthy food?? Here we have ginger-marinated grilled portobello mushrooms that include both taste and health and serves as perfect snacks for the people on vegan and vegetarian diet. Every bite of heart-healthy food delivers a powerful dose of phytonutrients. This is the essence of preventing heart diseases. Portobello mushroom is good option for stuffing and grilling because of the firm texture and larger size.
Portobello mushroom does not contain any fat or sodium. Pineapple is excellent source of vitamin C. Ginger is a wonder spice with digestion friendly properties. Balsamic vinegar adds to the tangy taste. Basil herb is one of the most recognized and nutritionally rich herbal plants and acts as a healing agent. The recipe hardly contains any fat. Moreover this recipe is one of the quick and easy appetizers, whether it is your loved ones birthday party or your very own kitty party. Let's have a look at this recipe.
4 large portobello mushrooms,
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar,
1/2 cup pineapple juice,
2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger,
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1. Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove their stems. Place in a glass dish, stemless or gill side up.
2. To prepare the marinade, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, pineapple juice and ginger.
3. Drizzle the marinade over the mushrooms. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, turning mushrooms once.
4. Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack with cooking spray.
5. Position the cooking rack 6 inches from the heat source. Grill or broil the mushrooms on medium heat, turning often, until tender.
Enjoy the healthy dish!!!