About the recipe:-
The rich and creamy strawberry cake gets more mushy and enticing, with the ice-cream blend. Home baked strawberry sponge cake, filled with strawberries, and at last covered by vanilla ice-cream plus garnished with even more strawberries, gives ultimate satisfaction to the sweet tooth.
Strawberry flavor itself lights up the festive spirit whether it’s Christmas or New Year. The dreamy spongy ice cream cake is gonna be like a dream come true with addition of raspberry jam. So here we go with the savory recipe of Strawberry Ice Cream Cake.
10 tablespoons unsalted butter,
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour,
1/2 teaspoon salt,
1/4 teaspoon baking powder,
1/4 teaspoon baking soda,
1 cup sugar,
3 large eggs,
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract,
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk,
1 cup fresh chopped strawberries,
1 tablespoon raspberry jam,
3 pints vanilla ice cream softened.
Preparation Method :-
1. Preheat oven to 350 D F. Apply melted butter and sprinkle flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, chopped strawberries, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in vanilla extract. Combine all the mixture and whip well with hands.
5. Add mixture to the pan. Bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
6. Cool 15 minutes in pan, turn cake out and let cool completely. Using a long serrated knife, halve the cake horizontally.
7. While cake is cooling, combine strawberries and jam in a medium bowl.
8. Add the jam mixture in between the cake halves with butter knife. Cover the entire cake with vanilla ice cream.
9. Spread remaining jam strawberry mixture on the cake. Again add ice cream scoop if desired.
10. Smooth top with the butter knife, and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
11. Cover with plastic to avoid the cake from frosting. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
12. To serve, remove plastic from pan, unmold cake. Cut slices in triangular shape.
Enjoy the New Year Treat!!!