Cricket is the national sport of England but a religion in India. This religion follows Sachin Tendulkar and these days its Mahendra Singh Dhoni. ‘World Cup’ in Indian cricket has two names- Kapil Dev and Dhoni. Kapil is retired from cricket while Dhoni is still there as the captain of Indian cricket team. Looking at India’s winning streak in 2015 World Cup, Dhoni might become the only Indian captain to win two world cups. There are a lot of things which are “only” to Dhoni - most wins by an Indian captain in ODIs and Tests, first captain to win all three ICC limited over trophies and the ‘Helicopter Shot’. He excelled at badminton and football in school. Once sent to play cricket by his coach, he boarded a different flight altogether.
A sportsperson is supposed to maintain a diet which is something hard for Dhoni. He loves food, especially homemade. Once, one of his team mates got Indian recipe, Biryani from his place but the hotel staff didn’t allow the outside food. Dhoni left the hotel with the whole team. People do get emotional when it comes to food, I do too. Currently in New Zealand for world cup he made sure that he goes to this kebab restaurant in Hamilton. His favorite is home cooked Chicken Butter Masala. Let’s get emotionally involved and try his favorite dish.
5 Steps to Enjoy Finger Licking Good Butter Chicken Masala
1 lb. Chicken
½ cup Yogurt,
2 chopped Onions,
1 tablespoon Vinegar,
14.5 oz Tomato paste,
¼ cup chopped Ginger,
2 tablespoon BBQ Mix,
½ cup Whipping Cream,
1 teaspoon Chili powder,
2 tablespoons Mustard Oil,
1½ teaspoon Cumin powder,
1 tablespoon Clarified Butter,
¼ cup chopped Garlic Cloves,
½ teaspoon Indian Hot Spice,
3 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste,
1½ tablespoon Coriander powder.
1. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, 2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste and BBQ mix. Let chicken marinate in this mixture for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
2. In a pan, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of mustard oil along with the butter. Saute the onions till brown. Add 1 teaspoon ginger, garlic paste. Cook till brown. Add tomatoes, chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat and cool the mixture.
3. Meanwhile take a pan and heat it medium. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Now add marinated chicken with all the yogurt. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Blend the mixture set aside to cool. Add mixture to the chicken and cook for 20 minutes. Also add the whipping cream and hot spice in between.
5. Serve with boiled rice or naan, the Indian flat bread!
Enjoy the World Cup with Yummzz!