X-Men series has always been my all time favorite. Halle Berry is known for her magnificent role in X-Mean, Catwoman, Die Another Day etc. I am a huge fan of her, especially after knowing about her battle with diabetes. She says regular exercise and healthy diet are good ways of tackling with Diabetes. The first step taken by her was to consume diet that's low in fat, not processed and low in carbohydrates as well as sugar. She cut down the desserts, processed or junk food and adopted a whole new way of eating.
Halle Berry started with lots of fresh veggies, chicken, fish and pasta. She stopped intake of red meat and eliminated consuming various fruits because of the sugar content. She loves having grilled fish and garlic mashed potato plus vinegar and salt crisps. Though Halle prefers salty to sweet, butter pecan ice cream is something she loves. Christmas is here and I have something for everyone. Let’s start with Diabetic friendly Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
3/4 cup Pecans,
3 large Egg Yolks,
½ cup low-fat Milk,
2 cups low-fat Cream,
1/8 teaspoon Sea salt,
¾ cup Sugar Free Syrup,
1/3 cup Artificial Sweetener,
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract,
1 ½ tablespoons low-fat Butter.
- Chop pecans. In a skillet, melt butter over moderate heat, until foam subsides. Toast pecans in butter, stir occasionally, until golden and fragrant for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Cool pecans and chill in a plastic bag. Buttered pecans may be made 3-4 days ahead and chilled.
- In a heavy saucepan mix cream, artificial sweetener, milk, sugar free syrup, and salt. Bring just to a boil, stir occasionally.
- In a bowl beat yolks until smooth. Add hot cream mixture to yolks in a slow stream, whisking, and pour into pan. Cook custard over moderately low heat, stirring constantly at 170 D. F.
- Pour custard through a sieve into a clean bowl and cool. Stir in extract. Chill custard, its surface covered with plastic wrap, at least 3 hours, or until cold, and up to 1 day.
- Freeze custard in an ice-cream maker. Transfer ice cream to a bowl and fold in chilled pecans. Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden. Ice cream may be made 1 week ahead.