If your date loves roasted duck, this is one of the richest, most elegant of all the main courses you can serve at your Valentine's day table. Slow roasted whole duck gives a flavorful, crispy meat and the spiced pomegranate complements it to the perfection. This is my idea of perfect dinner for my dream date. It's easy to make, serve and tastes wonderfully exquisite. Feel free to griddle your yummy roasted duck with pomegranate glaze.Ingredients:-
1 pound duck,
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,
2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil,
1 small finely chopped shallot,
1 cup pomegranate juice,
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth,
1 teaspoon cornstarch,
2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450 D. F. Sprinkle duck with salt. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the duck and cook until browned on both sides, 4 minutes per side. Transfer the duck to a small baking dish.
3. Roast at 150 D. F, for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the piece.
4. While the duck is roasting, return the pan to medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook till brown.
5. Add pomegranate juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook until reduced by half, 2 minutes.
6. Stir broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves. Add to the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
7. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour juice over duck to accumulate juices.
8. Serve topped with the pomegranate glaze. Garnish with parsley, if desired.Enjoy the dinner date with your Valentine!!