You filled my days with rainbow lights,
Fairy tales and sweet dream nights,
A kiss to wipe away my tears,
Gingerbread to ease my fears.
You gave the gift of life to me
And then in love, you set me free.
I thank you for your tender care,
For deep warm hugs and being there.
I hope that when you think of me
A part of you, you'll always see.
Hey pals, how was your Mother’s day? Mine was really a special one. Hope you enjoyed the Strawberry Layered Crunchy Cake on Sunday. I and my sister gifted mom tiny but an elegant pair of diamond earrings and a red color silk scarf on this auspicious occasion. What did you gift your mother? Both gifts were adored by her. To make the day even more special, I prepared her favorite recipe, Stuffed Apple and Cranberry Pork. The dinner table really looked sumptuous with tangy Pork, mushy Cake, seasoned Garlic bread and blood Red Wine. Here it goes..
Stuffed Apple and Cranberry Pork
For the Pork Loin
Salt to taste,
4 lbs Pork Loin,
Pepper to taste,
1 tablespoon Olive Oil,
2 minced Garlic Cloves,
Sliced bacon as required,
1 tablespoon chopped Thyme,
1 tablespoon chopped Rosemary.
For the Sauce:-
1 cup Vinegar,
1/4 teaspoon salt,
3 diced red onions,
olive oil as required,
1/2 bottle Lager Beer,
1 1/2 cup Brown sugar,
1 teaspoon Cinnamon,
1/2 cup chopped ginger,
2/3 cup dried cranberries,
1 teaspoon Mustard Seed,
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves,
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper,
3 lbs peeled and chopped Granny Smith Apples.
- Cut a pocket through one end of the tenderloin. Place the centrist downwards. Don’t slice through the other end. Season in and out properly with salt and pepper.
- Mix rosemary, thyme, garlic and oil in a bowl. Spread the mixture over pork. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For the sauce, heat olive oil in saucepan, add onion and cook until brown. Add ginger and apples. Cook for 2 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients and lower heat.
- Allow to cook. Reduce until thickened. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stuff sauce into tenderloin. Wrap with bacon.
- Using a roasting rack and baking sheet, put pork into 350 D. F oven. Remove from oven. Don’t remove foil till 10 minutes. Slice and serve with red wine.
Happy Mother’s Day!